About Our Veterinary Team
Dustin Dorris, DVM
Dr. Dorris has joined Stephenville Equine Sports Medicine as an owning partner. Dustin’s reputation and expertise in managing equine athletes is well known in the Cowboy Capital area.
As an accomplished farrier turned veterinarian, he is one of a few cadre of equine podiatrists in the country and has worked side by side many of the pioneers of this field. Dr. Dorris serves all needs of equine athletes but enjoys focusing on equine lameness (with a special interest in performance problems of the foot), reproductive services, export work, and herd health.
- Undergraduate & Master’s Degree- Tarleton State University
- DVM- Texas A&M University
- Internship- Rood & Riddle Podiatry Center, Lexington, KY
- Reata Equine Hospital, Weatherford, TX
- Cornerstone Animal Hospital, Stephenville, TX
Dustin proudly declares his interests in, “Serving my risen and merciful Lord Jesus Christ, my family, and equine athletes which bring me true pleasure and joy. Stop in, I am happy to serve your equine needs as well.”